Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Girls and the Women They Become


I love the following videos, and posted them as a theme on a recent Friday.  Girls, and the women they become, often need encouragement to do well.  But at the very least the rest of us must simply stop doing things that discourage them.  These videos are commercials, but I appreciate the social good that the company or brand behind them is doing.  In any case, they offer useful, practical advice.

Isn't it time we told her she's pretty brilliant, too? Inspire her to change the world.
I am excited to be a part of the movement to redefine 'like a girl' into a positive affirmation. ~Lauren Greenfield
Don't let labels hold you back. Be strong and shine.
Sorry, not sorry...
Je suis désolée
Lo siento
Ik ben droevig
Sono spiacente
Perdóname 
I've heard it all before...

I don't wanna hear, I don't wanna know
Please don't say you're sorry
I've heard it all before
And I can take care of myself
I don't wanna hear, I don't wanna know
Please don't say 'Forgive me'
I've seen it all before
And I can't take it anymore
Madonna is a role model for a successful, empowered woman.


2008 Big 10 Track & Field Championship: University of Minnesota student Heather Dorniden ran a race for the ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment