Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Celebrities vis-a-vis Algorithm for Environment


Activists, celebrities and policymakers from around the world show their support for climate action.  
Starring: Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, Jane Goodall, Michael Bloomberg, Edward Norton, Angelique Kidjo, Priyanka Chopra, Al Gore, Gisele Bundchen, Bindi Irwin, Ian Somerhalder, Monique Coleman, Col. Chris Hadfield, Li Bingbing, Jason Mraz, Mallika Sherawat, Salif Keita, Kathy Jetnil-Kijner, Ani Difranco, Bill Nye, Antonio Banderas, Robin Wright, Alison Sudol, Diana Nyad, Don Cheadle, Victoria Justice, Jack Johnson, Sebastiao Salgado, Mary Robinson, Philippe Cousteau, Ashlan Gorse Cousetau.
As I keep at my Algorithm for Environment | Sustainability, I will slowly establish credibility on this major world issue.  In the meantime, it makes perfect sense to me that concerned leaders and organizations draw on the renown of activists, celebrities and policymakers to deliver crucial messages.  Nay, I see it as an opportunity and as a responsibility of the renown to reach their vast audiences in ways that environmentalists cannot easily do.  As a thinker and a problem solver in my own right, I am not wedded to my viewpoint or insights and it is not an aim of mine to add my voice into the sound and fury of climate change for my own sake.  Instead, I care most about doing what is fundamentally right and doing what actually works.  So, assuming that the speakers in this UN video are sincerely concerned people, I buy into it wholeheartedly.  Such media and public relations effort is part and parcel of what I am conceptualizing.  In time, nevertheless, my Algorithm for Environment | Sustainability will move the needle in ways that no other can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment