Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Innovation Nation: Hollow Flashlight


I believe that thermoelectricity is a great source of untapped, lost energy and I am researching methods of capturing it and using it for the human good. I believe it holds the hope of replacing batteries in certain low power applications, as well as powering flashlights. This will eventually have a significant effect on the pollution caused by used batteries in our landfills and water tables.

Currently, the major obstacle to the wide use of human heat energy, is the efficiency of the capturing and conversion technology. My own thermoelectric flashlight is currently under development to improve efficiencies and provide a brighter light. That is not an easy task and I am pitted against limits of current technology. We have made a small production run of the flashlights which are being tested and considered for mass production by a major manufacturer.
 ~Ann Makosinski
  

No comments:

Post a Comment