Friday, June 10, 2016

Edward Bernays [6] The engineering of consent


Edward Bernays
Bernays' public relations efforts helped to popularize Freud's theories in the United States. Bernays also pioneered the public relations industry's use of psychology and other social sciences to design its public persuasion campaigns: "If we understand the mechanism and motives of the group mind, is it not possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without their knowing about it? The recent practice of propaganda has proved that it is possible, at least up to a certain point and within certain limits" [~Edward Bernays | Propaganda (1928)]. He called this scientific technique of opinion-molding the engineering of consent.
Reference: Edward Bernays

4 comments:

  1. Having an assignment due tomorrow and understand you can’t do it yourself? But you’re afraid of delegating your paper to some scam services as well? Why not check https://scamfighter.net/review/boomessays.com on Scamfighter.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mathematics is a very important science. I have many times used extra help to study well. I use this site https://bestwritingservice.com/vip-writing-services.html when I need something. Many things I can buy and not waste my time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love math. I am a student. I love reading articles like this. I generally understand the importance of academic writing https://theplagiarism.com/articles/why-academic-writing-is-important. It helps me get good grades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My respect to everyone because their existence is important in the universe, however relationship with the growth of safe gratitude to scientists. Algorithms play a big role in a person's life, they save his energy and time, because it is through algorithms that the gained experience is transmitted. We have a family of scientists, and it is very good, I also follow the path of their path, starting my journey from writing grant proposal writer.

    ReplyDelete